• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Admin Emeritus
Jay-VzW
Device: HTC XV6900
Plan: Nationwide 900
1 Kudo

Helping the Community: The Art of Tagging

Members,

I wanted to inform you of a feature designed to help all members use the Community Forums more effectively – Tagging.  Tagging is the process of assigning specific keywords to one or more posts for the purposes of grouping and locating any post related to that tag.  Similar to a Google search, tagged messages are easier to locate when using the Search functionality, as well as makes it easy to view all relevant posts simply by clicking on the tag itself. 

Tagging provides the community with the following benefits:

• Makes it much easier for other members to locate frequently asked and answered threads. 
  • Somewhat alleviates the need for members to perform searches for specific questions
  • For those members that do search, promotes the most relevant Tagged items to the top of the list – making search more useable.
  • Member tagging metrics will be a component of future ranking criteria.

As community members apply tags to messages, those posts are automatically indexed and added the most popular tags for that Board and for the community as a whole.  Clicking on a tag named “Motorola” will retrieve all posts with that tag – regardless of the category the post was originally created.

How to Apply Tags

Once you have finished typing your post – whether it’s a new Thread or replying to a post;
  1. Click the “Add Tag” buttontagging.gif
  2. In the resulting text box, enter one or more tags; 2-3 tags for a single post is sufficient.
  3. Click the “Add” button to add the tags to the message.  If you make a mistake, click the arrow to the right of the tag to Delete it and add another.

Tips on Applying Tags

• Make them Relevant – If a subject matter of a post is “…sending text and pix message from [Device]” – appropriate tags may be “Text PIX DeviceName”.  No need to tag conjunctions or non-relevant words – like “sending, how, etc.”
  • Separate by Spaces – Separate each tag by a space.  “My Verizon” and “MyVerizon” are both acceptable – though it is not necessary to add them both to a single post.
  • Single Post is Fine - If there is a thread with 6 replies, it is not necessary to tag every single post – only tag the post that’s relevant – generally the first post or the Accepted Solution.
  • Keep it Clean – Enough said!

As always, let us know if you have any questions.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411