Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

ComBlu Ranks Verizon's Community No. 1 in the Industry

by Admin Emeritus ‎03-04-2011 12:19 PM - edited ‎05-13-2011 01:02 PM

We wanted to let you know that ComBlu, A leading social engagement firm, has named Verizon's website the top community website among telecommunications companies, and 6th overall among all companies. The rankings are contained in ComBlu's second annual "State of Online Brand Communities" report.

ComBlu specializes in building and growing online communities, and integrating social media into marketing. 

Special note was made regarding Verizon’s social engagement features, and how the community enables consumers to interact easily with Verizon and with one another. ComBlu also noted 2010 enhancements such as Room To Learn and the Idea Exchange as “offering user-friendly, high-value content for consumers.” 

We always like to take the opportunity to thank the Verizon Community when we can! Thanks to our community for making this such a great place to come and hang out, talk tech, and discuss Verizon!

See the official press release: http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2011/verizons-website-named-as.html

verizon comm 2.jpg

Comments
by duffy1950 on ‎03-10-2011 10:08 AM

Customer service is incompetent. I called verizon on Tuesday to disc. My additional line and I stressed do not disc. my main line. Well within 1 hour my main line was out of service. My dsl service and my dial tone. I called back on my cell phone to get reinstated. I spoke to 8 different people on Tuesday, but I still did not get service. I called back on Wed. and Thurs. I spoke to 10 different people including 2 supervisors. I was told an order would be expedited. But here I am in the public library (because I have no internet at home) 5 days later still without service. One person I spoke to told me verizon can't put me back quickly because it takes time for orders to be written in the sales office. I said you turned me off in 1 hour BUT now it is 3 days and you still can't get me back in service. I also told them I run a business from my home and I am now out of business. But no one cares because they are still getting their paychecks, so why would they care about one customer. Without whom there would be no verizon.Also they are tiring to get me to buy FOIS, why would I do that if Verizon can't get one line back in service! I am sure I speak for many customers That's why I am writing this. No one would take initiative to give quality customer service and get me back in service. Its a competitive market so after 40 years with Verizon I am going to COMCAST at least there they tell when they are going to arrive and when I call service for my cable TV I speak to a live person within 5 to 30 mins and the issue is resolved. I have spend about 8 hours trying to get Verizon service that is appalling. All I want is my main line back in service.

I will have a hard time responding to this because I am in public library, when I get to my son's I can answer any questions.

This happened Feb 22 I installed Comcast March 4 .

I will repeat.  Verizon turned off the wrong line and could not put me back in service for 10 days, I took my own action and went to comcast. I was installed in 2 hours.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-11-2011 09:14 AM

I have escalated this issue, and a customer service rep will reach out to you ASAP.

Sorry you had this experience.

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools