Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Community Spotlight: Lasagna

by Employee Emeritus ‎08-13-2010 02:08 PM - edited ‎10-22-2010 06:36 AM

Recently, on National Lasagna Day , my wife, who is a fabulous cook, tried a new recipe. A lasagna with mushrooms and spicy Italian sausage that was delish. This all of course reminded me of one of our most active and helpful community members, Lasagna.

I'm not sure Lasagna is a lasagna fan. Lasagna is not even Italian, but used to be a big Garfield fan, probably back when Garfield was still funny. Garfield is a lasagna fan, and thus...Lasagna, one of our Top Kudoed Authors.

We can tell the community likes Lasagna too.

"My forum handle comes from my identifying with the character "Garfield" when I was in college and his love of Lasagna.  For the longest time, he was pretty much my role model.  Perhaps not the best choice ... but it made for some interesting solutions to the various problems life throws at you along the way."

Lasagna has been a Verizon customer since December 2008, the day FiOS Internet and FiOS TV came to his neighborhood. Lasagna says, "So far, Verizon Internet service is far superior to my previous cable-based provider. Faster, more consistent, low latency, and cross-my-fingers, without any downtime."

In fact, it was FiOS TV that brought Lasagna "back" to Verizon. "After the constantly increasing prices of my cable provider, dollar for dollar, I get more bang for the buck out of Verizon FiOS TV."

Lasagna enjoys retro TV shows like Hogan's Heroes, Mission Impossible, etc, as well as old westerns and war movies, and would like to see more retro programming on FiOS. "I'd personally like to see less sports channels. All I need is the Big Ten network since I'm a PSU alumni and fan...and more retro-TV and movies." Lasagna does watch some current TV, however, including "Big Bang Theory", "Chuck", and  the "Amazing Race".  

On which Verizon Community boards will you find Lasagna the most? "Really, the only board I would call myself a frequent contributor to would be Verizon (Residential Products and Services)."

With over 25 years of experience in the computer systems, network, and security fields working for a large global engineering company, and on-the-side small business consulting, Lasagna enjoys contributing to the Verizon Community. "It's fun to be able to provide that expertise in a "no strings attached" environment to those who are having a technical problem which others have not been able to resolve. Kind of like putting together a puzzle without knowing what the picture will turn out to be."

Lasagna's favorite "away from the keyboard" activities are hiking and geocaching. "I've been to some amazing places thanks to this high-tech "hobby" that I otherwise would have missed (from the tops of mountains to the depths of a cave) and met some interesting people along the way."

Be sure to keep checking out our Community Beat Blog to see who we are going to spotlight next time...it might even be you!

Comments
by MVP Justin MVP on ‎08-13-2010 03:27 PM

I agree, lasagna is a great addition here on the forums, very helpful, and very patient. Great article!

by on ‎08-13-2010 03:31 PM

Oh wow ... way cool!   I didn't know there was a "day" made just for me!   :-)

National Lasagna Day ...  drats ... just missed it.  

by Moderator on ‎08-13-2010 03:46 PM

Now, if we just had some garlic bread to go with you!

by on ‎08-13-2010 04:12 PM
That did it ... Now I'm going to have to take the family out for pasta this evening at the local Italian joint. Yum.
by on ‎08-13-2010 05:16 PM

I agree with you all. Pasta is great.

Good write up, and lasagna's contributions can't be measured. But really they can. Those darn Kudos, and blasted stats.

by on ‎08-23-2010 12:46 PM

That recepie sounds interesting.Maybe I should try it. I know this may sound dumb of me to ask,but is lasagna person a female or male?

by on ‎08-23-2010 03:21 PM

The answer to TheGreatOne's question is that it's one of the many characteristic's that I share with my avatar's "role model".

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411