Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Happy Anniversary to the Verizon Community

by Admin Emeritus ‎08-07-2010 09:12 PM - edited ‎10-21-2010 01:33 PM

In 2008, we started an experiment to see how much customers wanted to interact with each other and help solve each other’s problems.  The first month brought 326 questions (new threads) to the Verizon Forums even more notable was the 850 posts of advice (or replies).  Two years later we have seen an explosion of growth from those first statistics to be a very solid peer-to-peer support forum.

In 2009, we added the Verizon At Home Blog which gave the latest news about your favorite Verizon products and services (such as FiOS TV) and we weren’t surprised by the lively commenting and rich feedback delivered by our members.  It wasn’t long until more great articles and comments were recorded on our Responsibility and Small Biz Blog. At the current space of time we also have our very own Community Beat blog (this one--right here) and easy access to our Medium Business Blog.

Late 2009, the small business professionals moved into the neighborhood and began to network with each other in the Small Business Forums section of the Community.

This year we got to know our friends in VerizonWireless and was happy to see their membership grow into their own separate vibrant community.  Just ten days ago we added a place where members can share their ideas with Verizon on the idea exchange.

I interviewed some friends that have been with us from nearly the beginning.  Justin celebrated his two years on August 5th and prisaz birthday is just around the corner August 23rd.  Here’s what they had to say:

Justin:

"Congratulations to the Verizon Forums on completing two years! 

I have particularly enjoyed participating in the FiOS TV forum as I was one of the first users in the nation to get the TV service. I participated in the TV early test, providing feedback to Verizon on my experience. And that experience was absolutely great compared to my 20 year or so cable experience. I have had FiOS TV, internet, and phone for approx. 5 years now, and even though I want new features and capabilities to be added, I am overall a happy FiOS customer.

- The things I want most from Verizon FiOS TV: lots more HD channels, a larger hard drive in the DVR and/or external hard drive attachment, and more accurate data in the Guide. At this point I can't think of anything I want added to my internet or phone service.   

- We have some great members here who provide really good information.

I want to see questions! I enjoy trying to help people who actually want help (this probably comes from the fact that, for 35+ years, a major part of my job was to help computer users make better use of their systems through electronic and voice support systems in addition to working with them on-site)."

Prisaz:

"The Community is two years old Wow! It has been exciting to be involved with the growth of the forums, and peer to peer support boards from the start. Just to remember when all the answers or solutions were new.  Now there are so many solutions and replies that are available to search. The growth of the Community has been a very satisfying experience for which I have been happy to be involved with. It takes me back to my BBS days when Fido boards were King, and helping your fellow enthusiast was a good thing to be involved with. It is a place to help other when you can, or look for help when you need it.  Overall I believe the Community is a wonderful place.  There is much more to give praise, and much less to complain about. I can not imagine Verizon without the Community. Good job Verizon and Lithium!"

Back to Jaime_Lee:  "What’s next for the Verizon Community?"

We want  to maintain the solid tech support community we have proven to become, but expand to include  a mobile version of forums, more lifestyle content, and more "non-tech" talk tools to enhance the community and engage and attract new members.

Whew!!! what a busy two years…an enjoyable two years… I wish I could personally thank each and every member for making our community the success it is today.  We truly couldn't have done it without you. 

Comments
by on ‎08-11-2010 04:04 AM

I don't think  "enjoyable" is the word I would use  

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411