This Sunday is Father’s Day- one of my favorite days of the year! Odd right, since I’m the mom? I try to make sure my husband knows he’s valued every day, but this is the one day he allows himself to totally kick back which makes for a fun day. Lawn needs mowing? Eh- it can wait. House a little messy? Who cares! Instead we have a morning that includes a big breakfast and mass and then a day of whatever my husband wants. I’m hopeful this year we’ll spend it at the pool or at a local state park, but who knows with the weather Mother Nature has been handing us.
If the weather is crummy, it may be a day full of laziness in front of the TV, which I’m OK with! Here’s a list of some of my favorite movies about fatherhood:
1) If we’re watching a movie with the kids, we’re going to watch Mrs. Doubtfire. I mean- come on. Robin Williams in drag, sweet kiddos and a tear-jerking ending? Yes please!
2) Is there any movie more iconic then The Godfather? I don’t think so!
3) Yes, I realize that this is way out of season, but who is a more memorable dad then Clark Griswold? In my opinion, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is perfection as Clark fights for his family’s pool, deals with his in-laws and find that once-in-a-lifetime Christmas tree!
4) If you prefer tough-guy fathers, they don’t get much tougher than Liam Neeson in Taken. I wouldn’t want to be the guy dating his daughter!
5) I know it’s a bit schmaltzy- but who doesn’t love a baseball flix? Field of Dreamsis a baseball movie- but it’s so much more as Ray makes peace with his father. If you don’t at least get a little teary-eyed at the end, we can’t be friends.
So how are you celebrating Father’s Day this weekend?
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!