Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Here Comes Heather

by Admin Emeritus ‎08-16-2011 11:42 AM - edited ‎08-22-2011 10:04 AM

It’s that time again.  Time for me to help you learn more about the different folks around the community.  I thought it would be good for you to meet the newest member of the Community Management Team, Heather_VZ.   

Here is what she had to say:

HJackson_Portrait.jpgJaime_Lee:  So, I understand that you have worked for Verizon for awhile.  How long have you worked for Verizon?

Heather_VZ:  I have worked for Verizon for 11 years. 

Jaime_Lee:  I understand you are also a customer of Verizon.  What Verizon services do you currently have and what do you think about them?

Heather_VZ:  I have had VzW for 15 years and Verizon phone service for 11. I love both my services.  I couldn’t function without my Droid- it’s my calendar, rolodex, email & Facebook connection & favorite time waster (thanks, Angry Birds!).  We live in a rather rural setting, so reliable home service is really important and Verizon has never let me down. Now, if only they’d get FiOS to my area!

Jaime_Lee:  What boards do you frequent the most?

Heather_VZ:  I’m relatively new to the boards, but so far I love the Verizon at Home, Small Business & Off Topic boards. I’m sure I’ll start diving into the rest soon and come up with new favorites to add.

Jaime_Lee:  Why do you think you will enjoy being part of the Verizon Community?

Heather_VZ:  I love how helpful everyone is.  Perusing the boards has saved me a lot of time calling in for help or contacting one of Verizon’s click-to-chat agents. I can read the boards at my leisure and not have to worry about business hours or walking away from the computer for a while.

Jaime_Lee:  When you aren't "trolling the boards" what do you do for fun? 

Heather_VZ:  I have two little kids, so they suck up a lot of my time…

Jaime_Lee:  Oh, that I can relate to (LOL)…what are the busy activities in your household?

Heather_VZ:  Doing things like soccer and baseball and PTA.  When I’m not spending time with my family, you’ll find me with my nose in a book. I’m a voracious reader- I go through 2-3 books a week!  I’m also a TV watcher- I love a good TV series where I can immerse myself in a new world (RIP, Buffy- gone but not forgotten).  I also started running this summer- I’m running my 4th 5K at the end of August.

Jaime_Lee:  Wow, you are kinda putting this fellow working mom to shame.  I don’t see any 5Ks in my future, but you will need those running shoes to keep up with our active Community Members so we are glad to have you.  :smileyhappy:

Jaime_Lee:  So before we go…anything about your social media or community experience you would like to share with my friends here in the Verizon Community?

Heather_VZ:  I was one of the leads on the previous Surround Verizon Community (may it RIP, also).  I tend to frequent photography blogs and forums, as well as book forums- I’m always looking for a good read!  I’m thrilled to get back into social media and work with your friends here on the Verizon Community. 

Comments
by on ‎08-16-2011 03:03 PM

Welcome to the community.

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411