Customers With Disabilities

Meet Our Expert: Ann Shaub

by Admin Emeritus ‎09-27-2011 08:49 AM - edited ‎01-18-2012 05:25 PM

Our exciting Meet The Expert sessions here in the Verizon Community continues this month!  You’ve heard us talk about having a Smart Home- a home that can save you money and energy by making a few key changes and update.  But what does all that really mean? That is exactly what our next expert is going to discuss…

As mentioned in the Community Announcements, Ann Shaub, Director of Product Management, will be our featured guest in our next Meet The Expert session.  Ann has been with Verizon for 27 years, working in engineering, technology and sales- so she's got a really well rounded view of Verizon and all that that company has to offer.  Ann has been a director in Product Management for the past 3 years and has a passion for Home Monitoring & Controls that is contagious! 

Check out Ann and her family, including her husband, 4 kids, & 3 dogs, in this great video that explains a bit more about how smart her home is thanks to Home Monitoring & Controls:

Here are some of the topics you can expect to find discussed during this session with Ann: 

• What is meant by a "Smart Home"
  • What are some tips and tricks to saving energy and $$ with a "Smart Home" 
  • Verizon's new Home Monitoring and Control product suite launching in October

The session will be open to receive messages (and questions) from Verizon Community members on September 28th, 2011 at 11:00 AM Eastern for 60 minutes and again at 8:00 PM Eastern for 60 minutes.  Ann will be on this board responding to your questions about smartening up your home.

Please be sure to stop by and invite your friends to register if they haven't yet become Verizon Community members so they can chat with Ann too!

Comments
by TulaGirl on ‎10-21-2011 04:31 PM

Mrs. Expert

VERIZON FIOS BROKE MY FLAT-SCREEN!!!!! Err the Verizon FIOS installation guy broke my flat screen by pulling it away form the wall, but not checking to see if any wires were attached to the back of the TV. Needless to say there were and he ripped them out of the wall and nearly dropped the TV on the floor. The wires pull the TV mount brackets away from the TV and then snapped back.  Now I have lines down my TV.  I have spent three weeks waiting for them to fix the issue and now the Verizon FIOS manager is saying I probable did it myself when I moved???? Funny thing is I didn't move I just transferred form one cable provider to another! I hate when people take no responsibility for there mistakes!  I wish I stayed with Cox Cable, if they broke my TV it would be fixed already!  Ms. Expert what is your adivse?

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools