Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Room To Learn – Digital Lifestyle Learning

by Admin Emeritus ‎10-21-2010 12:07 PM - edited ‎06-01-2011 01:46 PM

roomtolearn_networking.jpgWe’re excited to announce the launch of an awesome new part of the Verizon Community, Room to Learn!

Room to Learn is where you can pull up a chair, sit back and take advantage of workshops and tutorials related to those home networking and home entertainment topics that touch us in our every day life.  You can also hop over to some special new boards like Home Networking and Home Entertainment dedicated to discussions about the courses you’re taking or related topics. 

Room to Learn focuses on your digital lifestyle, with topics ranging from Home Entertainment and Home Networking to Digital Entertainment and 3DTV, with many more to come.

Room to Learn features articles written by industry expert Alfred Poor, who has contributed to technology publications that include PC World, PC Magazine, Family PC and Computer Shopper for more than 20 years. Mr. Poor will be available in the Verizon Community Forums to discuss his articles further in online Q&As.

Please be sure to check out Room to Learn, and let us know what you think.  We’re always interested to hear what you have to say!

Comments
by on ‎12-02-2010 04:32 AM

If I sign in on my verizon home page, when I click on community and then check Room to Learn, I get a garbled looking page.  So, in order to get to Room to Learn, I have to sign out and go to Room to Learn from the sign in page and then sign in after I get to Room to Learn.  This is very annoying.  I have reported the problem on "Feedback", but it has not been resolved.  Therefore, I have signed up fpr a class, but have not completed it. 

This problem could well be keeping others from navigating to that page.  It is a shame because I believe that Alfred Poor has a lot to offer me and others who would like to become more informed.

By the way, I am a 74 year old lady who has learned so much from the forums.

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎12-02-2010 08:15 AM

If I sign in on my verizon home page, when I click on community and then check Room to Learn, I get a garbled looking page.  So, in order to get to Room to Learn, I have to sign out and go to Room to Learn from the sign in page and then sign in after I get to Room to Learn.  This is very annoying.  I have reported the problem on "Feedback", but it has not been resolved.  Therefore, I have signed up fpr a class, but have not completed it. 

This problem could well be keeping others from navigating to that page.  It is a shame because I believe that Alfred Poor has a lot to offer me and others who would like to become more informed.

By the way, I am a 74 year old lady who has learned so much from the forums.

I am not sure why, but this works for me.

#1 I log-in to the forum.

#2 I go to http://roomtolearn.verizon.com/

#3 I click on Sign on.

I am signed in to http://roomtolearn.verizon.com/

( After I setup my account on http://roomtolearn.verizon.com/ )

by on ‎12-04-2010 11:45 AM

Topdog, I hope that your problem gets solved soon. I'm glad to read that you think that I have some useful information to share, and there are many others who have contributed some great resources to the site. Please let me know if you continue having difficulties because I want to make sure it's easy for you to find the information that you want.

All the best,

Alfred

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places
Top Kudoed Posts

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements