Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Verizon Community Birthday Give Away: An HDTV

by Admin Emeritus ‎09-23-2011 09:06 PM - edited ‎09-29-2011 07:51 AM

balloons.jpgWell, today is officially the first day of Autumn.  Here in the Northeast, we didn’t need to check our calendars because hints of red and orange in our trees had already begun to warn us that summer was winding down. 

The summer was certainly like a whirlwind with all the swimming lessons, barbeques, jaunts to the beach, Bible day camps, and all the summer birthday celebrations.  It seems like at least two Saturdays a month were spoken for to have cake and ice cream with someone! 

In fact, it was only 3 short years ago that the Verizon Community was born.  I know because it was shortly after the launch that I had to “force myself” on the sidelines while I tended to my own new baby.   On all accounts, the 3 years have certainly “flown by”.  It has been wonderful to see the community take its first steps and quickly demonstrate itself as a leader thanks to the valuable contributions of our community members! 

We started off with our Residential Support Forums on August 1, 2008  where customers can interact with each other and help solve each other’s problems. We shortly thereafter became the “hub” for our customer focused blogs.  The Verizon At Home blog gives you the latest news about your favorite Verizon products and services (such as what’s hot and coming with FiOS TV).  The Responsibility blog is where customer’s can stay informed on what Verizon is doing to make a difference for our customers and the communities in which they live.  The Small Biz blog is an essential tool for Verizon’s small business customers.  They are able to get tips from Verizon and experts in the industry to keep their business growing.  The Community is also an access point for the Medium Business Blog which is geared for our larger business customers.  Recently, we have also branched off to include the Verizon Idea Exchange which has had an outstanding response from community members and was such a success with IMG 1.9   I know most of you are also familiar with our Room To Learn site. There, you have access to articles and online workshops about home entertainment and home networking topics, and you can learn how to get the most out of your digital lifestyle.

To celebrate our community’s three year birthday, we want to see how you enjoyed your summer birthdays (or a birthday in a past summer) whether it was a small cake after dinner or an entire neighborhood kind of party! 

We set up a special Video and Photo Gallery just for this purpose in the Customer Information Center section of the community. Everyone that contributes a video or photo by October 31, 2011 Midnight (Eastern Time) will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to receive a 55 inch LCD Emerson HDTV (approximate retail value of $1200).  No birthday memories to share?  Please still stop by and browse photos and videos by your fellow members.  Leave a comment if you desire =)  The community team is looking forward to seeing all the fun cakes and creative birthday decorations of our members!

Please see the participant and content requirements below: 

Participant Requirements: 

• Must Be a Verizon Residential Community Member
  • Verizon Employees are not eligible to win
  • Only one entry per member.  Additional photo or video uploads by the same member will be disregarded after the first submission for drawing purposes.

Content Requirements/Guidelines:

• Photos and videos should be submitted starting September 23, 2011 Midnight Eastern Standard Time through October 31, 2011 Midnight Eastern Standard Time.
  •  Submissions must adhere to the Verizon Community Terms of Service (such as no copyright infringements (TV shows or movies in your film or music you didn’t create)  no nudity, rude language…etc)
  •  Photo(s) submissions should be in jpeg, gif, or png format.
  •  Videos should be no more than 2 minutes in length.  We recommend H.264 video format, but we support many commonly used codecs such as MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP6, VP5, H.264, H.263, WMV/WMA, and MJPEG.

To submit a photo, click on the "tree" icon, for videos use the "reel" icon.

tree and reel icons.jpg

Both images and videos are "pre-moderated" meaning the content is reviewd by our moderation staff before it is viewable.  You will see "content unavailable" while your video is uploading to our server and then you will see the message "Awaiting Approval."

For full rules and disclosures, please visit the Community Information Center.

Comments
by MVP Smith6612 MVP on ‎09-24-2011 08:54 AM

Good luck to whoever the winner is! Sounds like a nice deal just for submitting a photo/video! :smileyhappy:

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411