Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Verizon Community MVP

by Admin Emeritus ‎07-10-2010 09:18 PM - edited ‎10-21-2010 12:45 PM

Across Verizon territory avid sports enthusiasts experienced the final Soccer World Cup matches in their stunning FiOS TV picture quality.  The most important game of course (especially for one) was the game that led to the naming of the MVP (Most Valuable Player).  After googling all things MVP and all things World Cup, I found my pick for MVP in a wikipedia article.  Paul the Octopus had my vote.  I think maybe he should have been named MVP.  He correctly predicted 11 out of 13 matches of the World Cup Series.  Check out this article to see what I mean.

There is also a great read on ESPN Soccernet.  The honor of the real MVP was bestowed on Diego Forlan.  I am sure the splendor of Forlan’s moment will surely last a long time.  We all know how hard he worked and how each perfect kick against the opposition led up to this triumph. 

Our community members have their own moment to shine right here on our community.  You can check in to see who has made our very own MVP List (Most Valuable Posting). 

Weekly, we will be scouring the boards  to highlight any or all of these following categories:

• Most Noteworthy Quote

A quote from one of our members that really stands out in context of a thread of course (maybe even sounding philosophical...is the next Plato or Homer among us?)

• Most Helpful Member

A very helpful and active member.  Maybe this member even participates across multiple boards or just very helpful on his/her favorite?

• Thread of the Week

The most interesting read of the week.  The thread that enlightens members of the community and may even cause some follow up discussion (i.e. something new about technology perhaps?)

• Post of the Week

A member that has gone above and beyond and their post really stands out.

We may not be able to highlight all these categories every week, but the members that are selected in these categories will get to tout a special MVP badge with their screen name for the entire week.

So don't forget to log into the Verizon Community Forums every Monday to see if you made the previous week's MVP List.  You could of course fly to Germany on Sunday Nights and ask Paul the Octopus if you wanted to.  He was after all 85% of the time correct for the World Cup.  The choice is up to you:smileyhappy:

Happy posting!

Comments
by on ‎07-11-2010 02:31 AM

Sounds exciting. It will not go towards the CL's or will it??  How long will this last for?

I need to call Mike back to these forums. He really needs to get noticed now.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎07-12-2010 10:14 PM

TheGreatOne,  Great Questions...and congrats on making it into the top 10 for kudos last week!  CLs are eligible for weekly recognition as is any community member.  Timing for this program is indefinite =)  Please keep logging in weekly to see the MVP List.

by on ‎07-13-2010 02:43 PM

I don't want to be on the list. Remove me!!

Again I only see the CL's being the MVP which is total let down & screwed up.

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places
Top Kudoed Posts

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements