Customers With Disabilities

Week 52 Is Approaching!

by Admin Emeritus on ‎07-01-2011 08:32 PM - last edited on ‎07-22-2011 12:49 PM by Admin Emeritus

57444176.jpgWhat is Week 52?  And should I be worried? Will I turn into a pumpkin? No, nothing like that. (Or, at least not that I am aware of from a Verizon Community Management standpoint).  If you are making arrangements for attending a ball this summer and using mice in a horse drawn carriage… you are on your own =)

Week 52 (June 26th to July 2nd) marks the one-year anniversary that we started the MVP (Most Valuable Posting) List in the Recognition Room.  It has been so much fun for the community management and moderation team to look at your contributions weekly and highlight different members.  Well, we are going to take a little break.  July 7th we will be posting the final MVP List for this past "MVP calendar" year.  Then, we will resume posting MVP winners on August 10th.  Why are we taking a break? Because we need the Community's help creating a special badge and identifying our "Community All-Stars".

What are the Community All-Stars?

Community All-Stars, as chosen by their fellow members, are the folks that have been Member of the Year, or made the Most Valuable Post of the Year.

Here are the rules, because there are always rules...right?

Under the Community Information Center, we will open up another Idea Exchange specifically for naming our Community All-Stars.  The "ideas" will be the screen names of all the members you are able to vote for.

Anyone that has made the MVP List at least twice is automatically entered as a candidate for the Community All-Star Team.

The current candidates we have are:  prisaz, RetiredDBA, lasagna, eljefe, spacedebris, Keyboards, Carl, PJL, jumpin68ny, dslr595148, GaryDoug, Justin, viafax999, Anti-Phish, mattheww, Smith6612, Somegirl, Hubrisnxs, MimeQu, spacedebris, viafax999, and CapnCrunch.

If you see others from this year's MVP list that you feel should be part of the All Star Team, you can nominate them by sending me (Jaime_Lee) a PM by July 13th and I will add them to the candidate list.

Community All-Star Badge? 

We know there are designers amongst us.  Please design what you think would be a nice "Community All-Star" badge and reply to my Community All-Star post in the Recognition Room and upload your image.  The Community Managers and Moderation team will review and possibly choose one to be the Community All-Star badge worn for the next year by your Community All-Stars elected by You!

Please make sure it is original artwork (non-copyrighted)that you don't mind sharing with us!

It's that easy.  Start planning who you want to vote for now and don't forget to submit additional candidate names via private message to Jaime_Lee.

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools