Customers With Disabilities

Why We Love our Community Leaders

by Admin Emeritus ‎04-08-2010 02:30 PM - edited ‎10-21-2010 02:42 PM

Every day we wake up to messages from our Community Leaders, passionately buzzing around the forums, answering customer questions and voicing (sometimes loudly!) their opinions on the latest web site upgrades or daily happenings within our forums.

We’ve seen Prisaz posting some insightful comments in our Forum Feedback and Suggestions board about everything from ideas on new board categories and names to helpful links to our Advanced Search functionality, all in an effort to help make our community better.

Justin has been busy since 2008 posting answers like this one, about FiOS Mutli-room DVRs.

We’ve watched SuzyQ and StreetDocRN literally tracking down Verizon employees to see if they could help troubleshoot some specific account questions. Which in fact they did end up Solving!

Nmchileman amazed us with his knowledge of Verizon acronyms and functionality when he answered a customer’s recent post about his new wireless plan. 

Dslr595148 has also been a member of our community since 2008, helping solve the most common questions related to Verizon’s high speed Internet.

Although SanDman and Xtremeberry are two of our newest Community Leaders they’ve already posted hundreds of messages about Verizon wireless in an effort to help the community understand the latest and newest Verizon features and tools available.

Thank you to tsauter, KenAF and CapnTrips who continue to help customers with their FiOS TV questions. Check out this most recent solved issue regarding new custom questions about their DVR settings.

And we can’t forget matcarl  and Keyboards who worked together to solve this FiOS customer DVR question.

Thank you again to all of our 2010 Community Leaders. If you like what they are doing, please remember to tell them by giving them kudos, marking their answers as “Accepted Solutions” or dropping them a note, here, as a comment to this blog.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎04-10-2010 07:09 PM
by on ‎04-12-2010 11:35 PM

Why aren't other people ever noticed? Why always the CL leaders? Kinda being unfair if you ask me. http://www.clipartguide.com/_small/1386-0901-1123-4341.jpg

by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-13-2010 12:30 PM

Hi TheGreatOne -- Good point! There ARE a lot of other community members doing a stellar job of keeping this community a great place to be. Don't worry...this is only our second blog post...we've got lots more coming. And if you have ideas for future blog posts, let me know. That's the point of the Community Beat blog -- its a place to talk about the members and happenings in our Verizon Community. Thanks for reading!

by on ‎04-13-2010 03:30 PM

Thanks for the response hollyb. I hope there is another blog in the feature that includes other people besides CL's. However, I don't think I am going to be around to read it.  I am almost looking forward to leaving these forums for good. :smileysad:

by Admin Emeritus on ‎04-14-2010 10:03 AM

Oh no! Why are you leaving the forums? Let us know what we could do to help change your mind

by on ‎04-14-2010 03:23 PM

TheGreatOne,

Hi, I totally agree with Holly.  I, personally have been reading your posts, especially in the Blackberry forums.  They are good, well thought-out responses to what users are looking for...good advice.  You are doing a stellar job in my opinion.  I personally would miss your contributions to the forums.  Thank you for being "TheGreatOne" in the forums...

Doc

by on ‎04-14-2010 03:30 PM

While I may not contribute to the whole forum as much as TGO has, I can feel for her. There are plenty other posters here who kind of deserve the recognition and don't get it as much as you would think (if ever).

Don't get me wrong, I really don't know where we would be without NMchileman or SuzyQ, however, I think it's also very fair to let the others, especially who aren't deemed CL's get noticed.

I know for Example that StreetDoc has an aptitude with BB devices. So if I ever were to own a BB, I know who to go to.

by on ‎04-14-2010 05:04 PM

Hi, supitsmike,

Thanks for those kind words.  There are countless members in the forums such as yourself and TGO of whom I consider integral parts of the forums.  You see their names often in posts and replies in the forums.  True, a majority of the posts are what I call "one-post-wonders" of which are post with people just looking for a quick answer.  Often, they don't return to the forums unless they have a problem.  They don't take time to give a kudos or at least respond by saying thanks...I'm cool with that.  I think you and others will see this Community Beat blog will have some really good articles in the coming months.  You and others will be pleased by what Verizon has in store for this blog...and I might even learn a few things along the way about the community that I did not even know.  Mike, thanks for being a part of this community...you and all of the countless others.

Sincerely,

Doc

by on ‎04-14-2010 05:14 PM

In all fairness to HollyB - her blog post WAS entitled "Whe we love our Community Leaders", and it IS posted in a very NEW blog, so I am anticipating an article coming up about other useful, helpful, valuable community members who should also get some recognition for their efforts, time, and expertise!!

There are so many folks who help out it would make a very long article to name them all - so patience O Great One - I'm sure your turn is coming....  :smileyhappy:

Perhaps highlighting one or two boards with each blog post would be helpful - what kind of questions get asked and answered and WHO are to go to folks on those particular boards.....that may also help out with some of the cross-posting by giving people a better idea what to ask where.

by on ‎04-14-2010 05:21 PM

Doc,

They aren't so much "kind" as they are "true." I agree that the actual 'community' base that we have here is small. There are perhaps maybe 10 of us that really stay on these forums and look it up every day, even at home (if that's not where we do it the most).

Though that doesn't go to say that we can't prevent the 'drive by posters' from being drive by posters. Honestly, I think it's easier to have an actual forum dedicated to introducing themselves, you know people like You, I, GTO, NM, Suzy, and much more would be there to welcome them. It'd create a more community base feeling - and encourage that we all like to be here (Not that I don't).

I just think that sometimes it's hard to be a community, when it sometimes feels like it's more or less a race on here. I enjoy helping people, I think that we all do--it's pretty transparent as none of us get paid to post here. However where does the line of "we're a community" and "this forum is strictly to help others, and the more you help, the higher color you get and the cooler you look to others" begin and end? 

And thanks for thanking me for being with this community. I came along when Android phones where introduced, and I've left my fingerprint on here with the Android and Me 101 thread, as it literally helps people every day, and I enjoy helping people around the forum itself.

And of course time to time I like dabbling my feet in other forums.

by on ‎04-15-2010 12:21 AM
Thanks mike. It is nice to see where someone understands me. Yes agreed the CL's do really help out. To me it is like their the only ones that get credit around here. It seems like everyone finds them the most helpful. When others that aren't CL's don't get any credit. Yes suzy and nmchile are great helpers. Truly, give other people a chance to shine. Give them credit. Give the smaller people credit. It shouldnt always be about the top dogs. Yes suzy, patience does pay off in the long run. My turn to be a CL, that is funny. i dont expect it to happen and it will not. Plus i think there are others that deserve it....mention a few: logicman,mike,will,mary,somegirl. Not sure when i plan on leaving. Maybe next week sometime. People can still talk to me off these forums. Still, my helpfullness seems worthless around here.
by utahtea2 on ‎04-15-2010 08:00 PM

hollyB,

Thanks for writing such a great blog for the Community Leaders!  We do love our CL's.

by on ‎05-10-2010 05:45 PM

I do not consider myself a "Top Dog" I was offered a chance to be a CL when the group was formed, and of course I said yes. There are many people that contribute to these boards and it rather takes me back to my BBS days with running a Fido board and dial up lines. Everyone here that enjoys being part of this community and has the heart to want to help with what ever ability that have, deserves all the respect possible. There are many newer members that have well exceeded my number of posts and solutions. Everyone has there own reasons for being here. So my hat is off to all those who participate. So please if you enjoy helping people you should stick around and do so. If you are just looking for help, I hope you find a solution here. I enjoy helping and I learn things frequently. Sometimes I am flat out wrong, and do not mind being told so.

Kudos to all.

by on ‎05-10-2010 06:40 PM

After the previous posting.

I forgot to say thank you for the nice loving comments from the Verizon Admins and Mods. One of your Top Dogs. Woof woof. I sure hope TheGreatOne and others stick around. There helpfulness is not worthless.

by planetnavyblue on ‎07-30-2013 10:39 AM

Agree

About this Blog
Welcome to the Verizon Community Blog created especially to keep our members up to date on the community. Here you'll get to know your community admins as they share stories, new ideas and ask for your feedback. Remember, this is YOUR community blog, so if you've got a great idea for a topic we should cover, let us know!

About the Authors

Heather_VZ

Verizon Community Manager

Photo of Heather_VZ

As Community Manager, Heather strives to make sure we are keeping our members at the center of our community, listening to member needs, and working with you to improve our community!

Interesting Places

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools