2 XBOX 360's with Open Nat, Having problems playing together online
LinkinPrime1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 XBOX 360's on my network, both show up with Open Nat since I setup port triggering.  90% of the time I try to play a game online via Party system, the party host gets disconnected.  I tried rebooting the router, and every now and then it helps, but for the most part, we can't play online together, but it works well separately.   I reached out to Microsoft support and all they suggested is to test the connection wired vs wireless but no change occurred.  They couldn't help me any more since the router was not on their supported list and asked that I contact my ISP for assistance.

Is there any solution to this?

I have an Actiontec Model #: MI424WR (Rev E)

0 Likes
Re: 2 XBOX 360's with Open Nat, Having problems playing together online
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Drej311

I am having the same issue.  My roommate and I both have our own copies of MW3 and our own xbox 360's connected to the same router/modem. We have Verizon Fios and the modem is an Actiontec MI424WR. We have no problem playing at the same time online as long as we are not in the same match. However, when we try to play in the same match, we can never get into a match. It just keeps cycling through the "searching for matches screen.  We were at one point having issues with the OPEN NAT type but that has been solved, don't have me how, it just started working after I set the router back to defaults and we haven't had issues since.

I tried the link above, but that doesn't seem to help my issue and I think you are having the same issue has me.  If you figure it out, please let me know.

0 Likes
JayTee2
Enthusiast - Level 3

What version of the firmware is installed?

How do you get inernet (Coax or Ethernet)?

0 Likes