2 Xboxes not working
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know this has been posted before, but have found no solution.  I have the ActionTec router GEN2-F with latest firmware.  I can't get open NAT on both Xbox consoles running at the same time.  I agree with other posters that the UPnP is broken with this firmware.  I tried to downgrade firmware that has been said worked, but the router will not accept the Verizon firmware.  It warns that it is not the correct vendor supplied file.  I guess Actiontec firmware is the only file that will work ?

I have TV service so a bridge is not an option for me.  This is a big enough deal for me to get rid of FIOS.

Is there no better firmware ?  Is there a different router ?  Can I get a second IP address ?

I had DSL and a LINKSYS router that worked with no troubles.  I had 4 Xboxes going without an issue.  Very disappointed I can't get this to work with FIOS.

I would like to take a poll of others still having this issue.    

JerseyPlayer

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 Xboxes not working
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3
Spoiler
Solved !

A chat with Verizon now has my 2 Xbox consoles playing together very well !   They did a tweak on the server ?  Was not told what the tweak was.   Still need to do a long term test, but looks good so far.  Will report back after a couple of days if the fix is still holding.

JerseyPlayer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3
Spoiler
Solved !

A chat with Verizon now has my 2 Xbox consoles playing together very well !   They did a tweak on the server ?  Was not told what the tweak was.   Still need to do a long term test, but looks good so far.  Will report back after a couple of days if the fix is still holding.

JerseyPlayer

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They may have logged into your router remotely and enabled for example, UPnP. Can't think of much on their end they might have changed when most people on FiOS are behind a NAT.

0 Likes
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had that enabled and tried all the other things other posters suggested.  I will give it a better test tonight and report back.  I called Verizon to see if I could get the Ethernet port activated so I can use m own router.  They were ready to do that, but came back and said they made a change on the server.  I hope it tests well tonight.

I am skeptical also.  If all it took was a tweak, why was it not that way from the start ?

If it fails tonight, I will ask to get the Ethernet port activated. 

JerseyPlayer

0 Likes
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry it is broke again.  Too good to be true Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if a second IP address can be ordered and would it help with this Xbox issue ?

JerseyPlayer

0 Likes
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon says no way to get a second dynamic IP address.  Very bummed Smiley Sad

JerseyPlayer

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JerseyPlayer wrote:

Does anyone know if a second IP address can be ordered and would it help with this Xbox issue ?

JerseyPlayer

Not for residents, no. You will need Business class service in order to even get more than a single IP. That, or a second FiOS Line.