Access verizon router
p1m10

After verizon did my install I tried to login using IE, Firefox and Chrome into my IP address for the router. I gete the login panel. I enter the user name and then whe I go to the password field and type 1 character it displays on the screen multiple characters. I flushed my cache, temp file and ran 4 utilities to ensure my Laptop was cleaned. No Virus or trojan. I did try on 5 other units I have in my house with all of the brosers and got the same issue. The password won't type properly. This is only for the FIOS router. I tried login in to other sites that have a penl requiring a user name and password and have no issues? Any Idea how to fix this issue?

Sincerely,

DBL

0 Likes
Re: Access verizon router
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Login Internal Website Address:  http://192.168.1.1

User:  admin

Password:  serial number found on the bottom of your router if it's rev G and Before (under upc barcode and case sensitive)

Rev I has the login password printed on the red sticker and special characters are required, also case sensitive

The extra *** when you type a single character are a security feature that verizon uses, and is working as designed, so no need to do anything to fix that, just type the password out and trust that you are typing it correctly, or type it into a notepad and then cut and paste it over.