Actiontec M1424WR WiFi very slow
jeffk13057

Hello everyone,

I have the above router. Has anyone had issues with WiFi speeds being very slow? Nothing has changed over the past weeks, but my Ipod and Iphone are at a standstill. I had a range extender and even with it off, there doesn't seem to be any data at all. The wired network seems exactly the same.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff K 13057

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec M1424WR WiFi very slow
tns
Master - Level 2

There are lots of versions of that Actiontec router.  Version A,B,C,D,E are only capable of wireless G type (theorettic 54 MbPS ) connection toping out typically at 20-25 Mbps.  Worse if not close to the router.  The ealier version A is a real dog that doesn't support WPA2.  Memory problems with the size of tables were slowly increased across the version as well.  These problems were really noticable if you tried to connect multiple devices at the same time.

Version F supports so called Draft N.  And is a bit faster I think up to 65MbpS and probaly able to support 35Mbps.

Version G and I are wireless N.  Supporting, I think 300 Mbps,  Not sure what the real world speed is but perhaps 130-150.

Note if you are seeing recent problems it probably is due to interference.  I.e. some neighbors devices trying to use the same channel.  Try changing the channel your router is using.