Actiontec MI424-WR web interface not responding properly
annonymous009
Enthusiast - Level 3

The web interface of my Actiontec MI424-WR rev c router, with firmware v 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.12.3, is not responding properly when I try to access it to configure the router or read the logs.  It sometimes takes a very long time to respond, and my browser will say that "the connection to the server was reset".   Has anyone else had this problem?

ps

I neglected to mention, it just started doing this recently, probably within the last two weeks or so, it was fine before.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424-WR web interface not responding properly
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@annonymous009 wrote:

The web interface of my Actiontec MI424-WR rev c router, with firmware v 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.12.3, is not responding properly when I try to access it to configure the router or read the logs.  It sometimes takes a very long time to respond, and my browser will say that "the connection to the server was reset".   Has anyone else had this problem?

ps

I neglected to mention, it just started doing this recently, probably within the last two weeks or so, it was fine before.

Connecting to it it wirelessly or via cat5?

If wirelessly does the same occur if you connect hard wired.?

Any other routers on your LAN?

Any new wireless devices, phones etc, added recently?

Re: Actiontec MI424-WR web interface not responding properly
annonymous009
Enthusiast - Level 3

@viafax999 wrote:

@annonymous009 wrote:

ps

Connecting to it it wirelessly or via cat5?

If wirelessly does the same occur if you connect hard wired.?

Any other routers on your LAN?

Any new wireless devices, phones etc, added recently?

I only ever login to the adminstration pages via hard wire.  There is an unmanaged switch between the pc I am using and the Actiontec.  I added a new handset to an existing wireless phone system (DECT 6.0), but it is quite far from the Actiontec, which worked fine for some weeks after the handset was added.

There are no problems accessing the internet, or between computers on the lan, just with the router administration web pages.

0 Likes