Actiontec Rev. F port forwarding - is filtering by IP possible?
JoeSchmoe007

I would like to know if Actiontect Rev. F router allows filtering by IP address for port forwarding (similar to Windows 7 firewall, Advanced Settings, "Scope" tab). That is I want only requests from specific external IP address to be allowed through.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Rev. F port forwarding - is filtering by IP possible?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
JoeSchmoe007

@dslr595148 wrote:

Points to your other thread at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26265890-Windows-7-firewall-and-port-forwarding-from-FIOS-router

My original thread dealt with Windows 7 firewall - I still haven't found a way on Actiontec router. On my other DSLR post someone mentioned there is a checkbox somewhere in Actiontec UI to specify external IP address. I am not seeing it anywhere.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I have no direct experience with doing this as I only port forward SSH inbound and restrict the source IP's on the client itself, there is an "Advanced Filtering" option on the firewall menu which would appear to allow you to set a filter which would allow restricting by source address various types of traffic.

In theory, you would set a port forward up to permit the traffic inbound for all source addresses and then use a filter (most likely a broadband coax or thernet filter on the inbound traffic) to permit the traffic from the desired source address and block it from all others.

Certainly somewhat convoluted.

0 Likes