Actiontec Rev I Performance mode N problem
linkx12

Hi, I’m having a problem with the Actiontec rev I. Verizon gave me this router with my install of fios quantum. The wifi is working fine when in compatibility mode. Whenever I try changing it to performance mode N, everything on my network will no longer connect to the router. I’m only using N clients. I have wpa2 and Aes on. I tried restarting the router and computer. What am I missing? Can someone help me.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Rev I Performance mode N problem
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

performance mode breaks the router. same problem here. it has never worked, don't even bother trying performance mode. the router's wireless is lackluster and any cheapo wireless n you can buy in a store will be 1000x better

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Works fine for me except for the devices that are not N capable, they obviously can't connect.

would sound like some of your devices are not N capable.

Agreed, any off the shelf N router is likely to have better speed and signal than the Actiontec one.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Not sure if the OP is the same as who posted at DSLreports for the same issue, but they found that WMM was disabled in their router.   once enabled everything appears to be working again

Actiontec Rev I Performance mode N problem by casehold

0 Likes
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

my laptop clearly says b/g/n on the wireless card, and performance mode does not work. neither does my ipad. neither does the wireless n/ac card on a desktop. performance mode just doesn't work

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Something to note, WMM QoS is required to be enabled for Wireless N clients to work properly in Wireless N modes. Make sure when you set Performance mode, that both WMM is enabled and you are using WPA2-AES as the encryption. Otherwise, I can say myself I've seen no discernable difference between Compatibility mode and Performance mode on the Rev. I.

0 Likes