Actiontec Router Conectivity Issues (Wireless, Wired, PS3, Wii)
Muppet1

So I have an Actiontec Router Rev E and I'm running into quite a few problems.

Here's the Enviroment:

I live in an APT 1st floor  (4 Floors in building) There's about 10+ Wireless Networks that scan in my APT

I have mine set to Channel 1 since the strongest signals have chanel 6 & 11 (Help a little)

So i decided to purchase an Access Point Wireless N to attach to my Router/Modem to solve my wireless issues.

Here's where the problems start.

On my PS3, laptop & router I can't connect on Full Duplex 100 MBPS to take full advanatage of simultanius upstream & downstream I have to set it on half duplex. Causing my wired conections to not take full advantage of the speed.

Doing a speed test I'm def. getting my 35/35 as far as verizon speed test go. But My home network can't take advanatage of this.

So if i plug my wireless router my connections barely get 15 MBPS on download & upload. Samething applies wired connections.

So my question comes down to...do i have a faulty router or am i running the wrong cables.

Any help or suggestions I will greattly apreciated it....as I am literally ready to dump this router out the window and lose my TV Guide, On Demand, and Widgets just to plug a regular router in.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Router Conectivity Issues (Wireless, Wired, PS3, Wii)
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

On the duplex issue, the first thing is, both devices must be set to auto/auto or 100/Full.  This change must be the same on both connecting devices.  You can confirm what the Actiontec router is set to and seeing by logging into router and choose advanced.  Then choose Port configuration.  Here you will see what each port is configured at and when auto it will report back the speed/duplex of each device configured.  I have three devices connected and all are reporting 100 Full.  

When you plug the Wireless N router in, do any of your wired devices connect to the new N router too?  Make sure any device that is connected to the N router is NOT connected to the wired router.

Report back results of these two and we can take it from there.

0 Likes