Actiontec router and d-Link Dir-605l router
sk8nmike

I'm attempting to set up a DIR-605L router with me Actiontec modem/router.  I've got everything working through the d-link, internet, and the wireless, but I can't get my homegroup to see the computers tied onto it, nor can the d-link see the computers on the Actiontec.

Anyone have something like this working?

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec router and d-Link Dir-605l router
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sk8nmike wrote:

I'm attempting to set up a DIR-605L router with me Actiontec modem/router.  I've got everything working through the d-link, internet, and the wireless, but I can't get my homegroup to see the computers tied onto it, nor can the d-link see the computers on the Actiontec.

Anyone have something like this working?

I have a dlink and netgear router connected to my VZ router.  all works fine.

It depends what you want to do and how you setup the connectivity between the routers.

If you set up the dlink as a different subnet to the Actiontec - i.e. atciontec lan to dlink wan then all devices on the dlink should be able to see each other and also devices on the actiontec.  All devices on the actiontec should be able to see each other but not see devices on the dlink (unless you add static routes)

If you bridged the actiontec and dlink i.e. they are on the same subnet then everybody should be able to see evryting on both routers.

Can you provide a diagram or description of what you did and what you are hoping to achieve?

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec router and d-Link Dir-605l router
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Youhaven't provided enough information to answer your question.

1)  How are the routers connected?

2)  Which router is primary (connected to the ONT)?

3)  Are the routers connected LAN-to-LAN or LAN-to-WAN

4)  What subnet are you using on the D-Link?

0 Likes