Activation Fee Not Waived As Promised
hcv000114

I've been with Verizon for several years. In April 2015 , my bill went way up due to my previous contract had expired. I called Verizon on 4/27/15 to check for other plans but the plan that the customer representative told me at that time was still expensive and I said I still couldn't afford it. So, I asked if I could cancel with the effective date as the end of the current billing cycle which would be in a week or so ( I already checked with him if it was possible to do so) and he said okay. However, after hanging up the phone with him, I noticed my internet was cut. I immediately called Verizon back to say that must have been misunderstood. I talked to a very nice gentleman, {edited for privacy}I believe. He was very helpful and was willing to help me get back on the service with a good and much affordable plan. He said he would waive the activation fee of $69.99 for me due to all the misunderstanding and inconvenience the person had caused. However, he said the office was closing because it was 8 or 9pm at that time and that he would call me back in the morning to finalize everything. I didn't receive his call the next day but the service was ready for self-installation on 5/1/15, so I was happy about that and thought everything was taken care of. Later, I got my first bill showing 1/3 of the activation fee charge. I called Verizon again and talked to a very rude customer representative who wasn't willing to help, he said he didn't see any note about the activation fee waived and told me to call back once I have more information. At that time, I forgot the name of the person helped me with the order and asked him if he could look up the name for me so that I could contact that person directly, and he said he couldn't do it. I requested to talk to someone else higher up about the activation fee and he said he was the right one to talk to. He was like " there was no note regarding the waiver, so???". I was very frustrated!!! I called Verizon again later and talked to another representative about my situation. She also said there was no note saying the activation fee would be waived but was able to look up the name of the person who ordered the service for me. She then sent out a message to them asking them to contact me later. Here I got my second bill showing another 1/3 of the activation fee. Very very disappointed right now!

0 Likes
Re: Activation Fee Not Waived As Promised
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes