Re: FiOS speeds have been very slow between 7-11 PM in Redlands, CA.
thewrightclick

Hi...Any word on the Router upgrades you wrote about?  I live in Redlands and have had the 75/75 plan for about 4 months now and have NEVER seen the advertised speeds.  Since I work a 7:30 to 5:30 job by the time I get home the speeds are pathetic, especially on Friday/Saturday nights.  I've seen download speeds in the 2 range with 55 up.  I've avoided calling since I work in the tech field and don't want to jump through pointless hoops by 1st level techs that seem to be basically reading off troubleshooting steps from a verizon manual.  I've done everything possible they would have me do including running their speed enhancements on my pc's along with disconnecting everything from the router and plugging directly into it.  I saw speeds of 5/60 on that waste of time.  Before I did that exercise in futility I went as far as re-cabling all my wired devices. I just ran a speed test at 9:28pm on 4/2 and it was a whopping 12/63.  The best I've seen in a while.  I'm thinking about going back to Time Warner Cable where I got consistent speeds at all times and they were always 2-3 Mb over what I was paying for. 

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone found any resolutions to this issue?

0 Likes
gonebonanza1

Big fat no! It's rediculous. I'm also in Redlands (south). I've been ranting about this crappy service for months. Here's my story on this forum: Link

I wasted a bunch of time with Verizon only to have them give me a service ticket about a month in which they did nothing on and decided to close it without improving anything or telling me what they couldn't do about it. 

0 Likes
thewrightclick

Wow, I just read your story.  My experience is very similar.  I've used Verizon cell service for over 10 years now and since I moved to Redlands I had to buy a network extender to get any service in my home.  I should have pushed for free, but I gave in at a 50% discount.  The network extender solved that issue. 

Now, with the Internet, I'm sad that I had to try and save some money (Time Warner is Expensive! And, i got a cut in pay).  As a geek who works in the tech industry the 75/75 speeds were very alluring.  Looks good on paper, but in reality on a Wednesday night at 10:30 pm it was Ping 14 ms, Down 11.54 Mbps, Up 64.58 Mbps.

My supervisor in Yucaipa says he's really happy and is getting well over 75/75 speeds.

I've seen speeds as slow as 2 Mbps down.  Your story is the reason I haven't contacted Verizon yet.  I don't want to go through the headache, get all upset and yell at the poor guy that has to take my call.  At least my Time Warner consistently gave me 16+ Mbps on a contract for 15.  I'd be happy to have those speeds back most nights.

0 Likes
neoark
Enthusiast - Level 1

In maryland also I am having similar issues evening Traffic from EU is less then 500 KB/sec. Usually its 10+ MB/sec.

0 Likes
rossconkey

I am also in Redlands and have noticed significant problems lately as well (I'm on the 50/25 plan). Same download speeds as reported (sometimes as low as 5 MB/s). How can I justify paying for the 50/25 plan when I'm getting 10% of what I'm paying for?

0 Likes
Another "Slow Internet in the evening" Thread
el3ment00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have called multiple times with no ETA on a fix. They have sent me a new router, promised to refund my bill (Which they have not), sent a tech which they told me they are aware of the issue. I live in Redlands CA. Verizon, why the heck are you overselling your bandwidth?! I would much rather pay for slower symetrical speeds and have it WORK as intended, than pay for more and have an inconsistant connection..

It sounds like many people are experencing this issue.. And there are probably many MORE customers that deal with it and don't call in.. I am not one of those customers, as I know that FiOS used to be great... Please upgrade your network.. ASAP. (In Redlands CA, and all over the US for that matter cause it's not just here...) That is all, thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Another "Slow Internet in the evening" Thread
seitzbg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow.... this is why I have not even contacted support yet.  I know the issue is not my router or my house because I get 500/500 via speedtest.net sites but horrible speeds to AWS/Amazon/Dropbox/Others.

This is a great site for speed tests btw:

https://cloudharmony.com/speedtest

0 Likes
thewrightclick
500/500??? I can hear it now - verizon salesman - well sir if you want 75/75 speeds you'll have to buy our $300 a month 500/500 plan. Since you only pay for our 75/75 plan all we can guarantee is 2/2; but pay $225 extra per month and we'll hook you up.
0 Likes
seitzbg
Enthusiast - Level 3

haha yeah I love it when Verizon has good connectivity to the sites i'm using.  The problem is they could offer 5000/5000 but the problem still lies in their network at peering points, far away from our homes/businesses/last mile infrastructure.

@thewrightclick wrote:
500/500??? I can hear it now - verizon salesman - well sir if you want 75/75 speeds you'll have to buy our $300 a month 500/500 plan. Since you only pay for our 75/75 plan all we can guarantee is 2/2; but pay $225 extra per month and we'll hook you up.
0 Likes