Appears to be a bottleneck streaming Amazon Video and Prime music 8-10pm most evenings.
mrrgb

I and several other FIOS internet users in my neighborhood are experiencing buffering and pauses streaming Amazon Prime Videos and Music during prime viewing time 8-10pm most eveings.  This has been going on for over a year so far.  I had thought it might somehow be related to the Sony Blu-Ray player that I have several of that we use to stream both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.  I had thought that this particular device didn't have a big enough buffer to handle buffering during congested/busy periods.  I was afraid to contact Verizon Tech support given that they would probably blame my devices or Amazon...  Given that Netfix streams fine to these same devices and Amazon streams fine except at peak hours I'm sure my connections/service/and devices are fast enough.  Recently I just recieved an Amazon Echo device that I use for streaming Amazon Prime music and noticed prime music having pauses and dropouts during this same evening peak period.  I then tried my various cell phones connected via wifi to my FIOS router and I got the same pauses/dropouts while streaming Amazon Prime music during peak evening hours.  I have also confirmed that at least a few other FIOS users in my neigborhood are experiencing these same evening pauses/interruptions. What I suspect is the connection between Amazon and Verizon is getting overloaded at peak times.

Suggestions anyone?

0 Likes