Apple TV Airplay not working
duke561

I recently changed the key to my wireless network from wep to wpa2 in order to install an IZON Room Monitor webcam  The result of this is that I now cannot get the Airplay Icon on any of my Apple products (IPhone and IPad).  Before changing to WPA2 I was able to stream content from either my IPhone or IPad. 

I have 2 Apple Tvs, one connected wirelessly and the other connected directly to the ActionTec FiOS Router.  Since changing the key to WPA2 I have re-booted the router and both Apple TVs and both the IPhone and the IPad.  Didn't make a difference. 

I haven't tried restoring the wep key yet because I'm afraid that will work but then my webcam won't work.

Is there a way to get the Apple TV and my IPhone/IPad to see each other using wpa2?

duke56

0 Likes
Re: Apple TV Airplay not working
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you reconfigure your AppleTV's and i-devices to use WPA2 as well?   If not, you will need to "Forget this network" on them and re-associate the device with yur home network.

0 Likes
duke561

I'll give that a try when I get home.

0 Likes
pacacoco

i am having the same issue, anything else on this?

0 Likes
Chris2G

Yes I am having the same issues.  Airplay doesn't work consistenlty.  Currently I cant Airplay at all, my AppleTV (2ndGen) can connect to youtube and other services but not iTunes.  Tried to open the ports in the Actiontech per an Apple Support document http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2463  but to no avail.  I have been using an older Actiontech with zero issues, but since this new router (the one with the red ring and MIMO antenna) I've had issues with my apple tvs and my macbook air, but my ipad 3rd gen and other devices seem to be working.  After going thru the port forwarding it didn't resolve it...moved firewall to lowest setting and still no change.  Very frustrating.  Think I'm just going back to the old router and if my speeds are affected will have to force VZ to try to fix it.

@pacacoco wrote:

i am having the same issue, anything else on this?

0 Likes
duke561

So maybe another way to fix this is to have dual security on the router, wep and wpa2.  Is this possible?  Can you have both wep and wpa2 on the ActionTec router?  That would solve the issue.  I could connect my webcam to wpa2 and leave the Apple TV on wep and both would work.

Any thoughts, is this possible?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For most routers no.  Certainly none of the verizon supplied  For some yes, giving each a different SSID.  Not sure why you are trying to keep WEP

0 Likes
duke561

My Apple TVs don't work with WPA2.  They don't see my IPad or IPhone using WPA2.  If I have the router using WEP then my Apple TVs do see my IPad and IPhone.  

I have a web Security Camera that doesn't work using WEP.  So right now I have to choose which is more important to me and use the appropriate security protocol to make it work.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What makes you think apple TV AIrplay doesn't work with  WPA2?  Not sure if models vary but know of several people say they have it working.  And some who had trouble using WEP but no trouble making it work with WPA2.

0 Likes
duke561

I've tried to make them work working with both Apple and Verizon Tech Support to no avail.

0 Likes