Assistance needed Technical
BigJohn4

I have heard a beeping from my unit and come to find out the battery needs to be replaced.  I checked with Verizon and the battery is still under warranty but another problem exists.

When my equipment was installed by verizon..the technician mounted the large unit in my closet and he placed it in there in such a manner that I cannot access the battery door to replace the battery.  I have been on line with the tech dept and they said that there would be a substantial charge with moving this so that I can gain access to this part of the unit in the future.

This seems unreal since their tech put it there in the first place and now I run into this problem.

Has anyone else run into this?  I am trying to get this situation remedied but keep getting transferred from one dept to another.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

JM

0 Likes
Re: Assistance needed Technical
Hubrisnxs
Legend

They are supposed to quote possible charges for what is considered inside wiring.  That is considered inside wiring that is our responsibility, but under the 1 year warranty, I can't imagine there would be a charge.  Again they quote possible charges.  I got into a big argument at one time and a supervisor advised me that all there agents HAVE to quote a possible charge, and that the technician is the one who actually marks off what kind of job it was, and whether it was a chargeable service.       

I don't think you'll be charged, but I don't think they will ever send a tech out and say oh no problem, no charge.  At least that is how it was described to me. 

0 Likes