Availability of Routers should be improved
Clark116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon should seriously think about having routers more available for customers that already have the service.

Currently, while Verizon will deliver one overnight if there is a major issue, they do not allow Saturday delivery. Even if I'm willing to pay for it. And they DO NOT carry them in any store.

If someone loses their router Thursday after 4:00 PM, then they essentially lose all internet service for 4 days. Period. Overnight really becomes irrelevent then.

Re: Availability of Routers should be improved
Clark116
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a follow up:

One of the 5 tech support reps I talked to offerred to simply have an installer drop off a router. But it is not the usual method and they would charge me $90.

I did not decide right away but when I called back, the rep I spoke to told me the router that was already being sent out is scheduled for Saturday delivery!? She explained that numerous people had complained before so Verizon now delivers the Router (only) on Saturdays. When I questioned why the 4 other tech's I spoke to told me Tuesday delivery, she said they simply did not look close enough at the order.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's Sunday.

Did the router actually arrive yesterday?

Clark116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it did arrive on Saturday as promised by the last tech rep!

I was severly disappointed with the general training of the customer service. From the obvious lack of any of them knowing about Saturday deliveries to the redirection to other departments that would have trouble understanding the situation then direct me back to where I was.

But I will say that at least all the reps seemed to be trying to help and were always polite. And I was happy to see that Verizon had responded to an obvious customer service issue of Saturday deliveries.

0 Likes