Backup Battery
ABELTR

Wht does Verizon and the other YV/Internet companies provide such crappy products?

The Backup Battery has and contonues to be a big time problem. Beeps quite often, I have to disconnect then reconnect too often. Battery is good. Like many of their Routers, crappy.

I did replace battery once, even after the retailer selling the battery told me it checked good. Now, I just have to disconnect the system for awhile, then reconnect. Sure is annoying. Verizon charges a lot of money for their product. Making a killing!

0 Likes
Re: Backup Battery
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the ONT battery?  Mine has lasted over three years and is still going strong.  Hasn't ever beeped.

I live in an area that has very few power outages, so my battery doesn't get stressed very often.  If your area has power outages, know that each event does reduce the life of the battery.

Temperature is very important.  If the battery is installed in a location that experiences large temperature swings or extreme temperatures, that too will shorten it's life.  Basements are great, as they are often cool throughout the yea

You mentioned you purchased a battery from a retailer.  Maybe you should have it checked by someone else.

Good Luck.