Bait and switch tactics are bad for business and frustrating to customers
805Librarian

Be leery when/if you ever decide to go with Verizon FIOS for anything.  Long story but let me tell you what happened to us.  We wanted to upgrade our internet (we currently have Verizon DSL @ $49.99--its slow and we lose connections a lot).  I looked into Verizon FIOS and found a package online that includes FIOS Internet and digital phone service for $39.99 with a two year contract.  That's less than what we pay and we'll get a home phone (which we currently don't have).  I set up the appointment and printed out the confirmation with the special pricing.  They were supposed to come on September 30th for installation.  The day before, they sent me an email saying that "due to unforseen circumstances, we need to reschedule your appointment to October 6th."  This wasn't a big deal since my husband was off that day.  Then I noticed that the email had a different order number than what was on the original paper that I had printed.  So I called customer service and asked them to please check my order and tell me how much my monthly bill would be.  They told me it would be $84.99 for internet and phone service. Well, needless to say, I didn't take that very well.  I was professional but quite stern in my response that it was unacceptable to me.  I asked to speak with a supervisor and told them that their tactics were unprofessional, it was false advertising and that they were trying to pull a "bait and switch."  The representative was very nice and totally understood why I was upset but said that she couldn't give me anything better than $59.99/month.  I said I that I have my confirmation stating the $39.99 price point but it didn't help my case. So now all appointments have been cancelled and we are considering TWC for Internet because, well who else is there?

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch tactics are bad for business and frustrating to customers
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I'm really sorry you went through this but luckily this can be fixed.  I'm going to send you a private message so I can ask for details I cannot ask for publicly

~Jess

0 Likes