Battery back up in ONT seems to die quickly
KelleyNymph
I have been living in a town house for a little over a year where we have Fios. My first experience of an issue with the battery back up unit was around September of last year after we first moved in. The battery backup in the ONT was starting to fail, and was making a loud beeping that was excruciating. Once I realized what the issue was and that I could replace the battery on my own, I just went to RadioShack and bought a new battery. Things were fine until just yesterday, I started hearing the tell tale beeping to let me know that the battery is dying, and sure enough the light on the ONT is also red, indicating the battery needs to be replaced. We haven't had any power outages, and the backup should not have been used at all. I feel like the battery should have lasted much longer than just a little over a year.
Can anyone give me some more information? Is this normal? Could there be a problem causing the battery to run out faster than it should?
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery back up in ONT seems to die quickly
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Normally the battery should last about 3 years unless you have lost power or the BBU is in a very cold or very hot environment. You may be having a problem with the BBU itself which will require a field technician to come out and replace it.

0 Likes