Better speed with Mac than PC
jetman56
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched to the 50/20 plan.  When I run the FIOS speed test on my Mac using OS X 10.6.6, my speeds average 48/20, which is acceptable.  Using the same Mac running Windows 7 Ultimate through Boot Camp, my speed drops to 32/24 (I rarely upload, so upload speed is much less important to me).  I've run the FIOS Optimizer, as well as a couple of other internet speed optimizers, but the d/l speed doesn't seem to change much, if at all.  I know that FIOS is providing the speed (as evidenced by OS X), but the Windows side of my computer is not taking advantage of it.  Any other tweaks I might try to increase my d/l speed?  BTW, if it matters, my computer is connected directly to the router, which is an Apple Time Machine.  I don't use the Verizon router since it's not 802.11n capable.  Prior to switching to the 50/20 plan I was on the 25/15 plan and my speeds were 25/25 on both OS X and Windows.

0 Likes
Re: Better speed with Mac than PC
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

I have the 25/25 plan i get 30/26 consistently on XP, Vista and 7 desktops and laptops.Very pleased all around.

And i have the MI424WR Rev. F wich has N wireless.

0 Likes
Re: Better speed with Mac than PC
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This is the best optimizer I ever saw

if you haven't tried it, then download, save and run it as an administrator.

move the slider over to 100mb 

and then above the apply and exit is a radial button for "optimal settings"  click that and then apply those changes, reboot the pc and try your speed test at http://speedtest.verizon.net

if you're wireless then the speeds your seeing are pretty normal.  

0 Likes