Better time window for FiOS installation?!?
davlukabb

I ordered FiOS internet through a sales rep who had desk set up in my apartment building last month.  The rep promised me a three hour installation window (9am - 12pm).  However, when I received automated confirmation, I was given a NINE hour window - between 8am and 5pm.  This is a fairly big deal - the difference between taking half a day off work vs. a full day, which is not easy.  I spoke with the customer service "Elite Team" and was not really given a straight answer.  I was told that they did not "have any information" about the three hour window I was promised, but that if the sales rep "said so," then 9am-12pm would be the window.  I did not feel confident about this answer, as she basically seemed to be humoring me and at the same time telling me that the window was still 8am to 5pm and claiming she could not change it!  I tried also to call the Dispatch Resource Center several times but have yet to get through to an operator.  Can anyone give me a straight answer here?  I can't help feeling that I'm being given the runaround.  If a sales rep promises something at the time you sign up for a service, it's not very good business practice to suddenly turn around and take that away once you're signed up.

Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes
Re: Better time window for FiOS installation?!?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is more or less an issue with the bookings for the technicians in your area. When speaking to sales on the status of your order, you'll want to ask them if they can see the status of your order and the tech availability calendar. The techs should be giving you a call to perform the installation generally 45 minutes before they arrive.

They tend to show up in the morning in case they need additional time to complete the job. But, I don't think anyone here will be able to give you the solid answer you're looking for, away from calling and asking.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you should be able to go to www.verizon.com/whatsnext and look for an am or pm visit.  i would do am, the installs last 4-6 hours

0 Likes