Bill From CMR claims Department
stephnphelan1

On June 6, 2015 I decided to put a garden on the left side of my house. As I was attempting to plant the flower my garden shovel cut the fios line in half due to it being only 2 inches into the ground. I first called about the repair and the next day someone came out and laid the new fios line on top of my grass and ran the line up the street. After 3 weeks of waiting for it to be installed into the ground a technician finally came out and had it laid in the ground. The technician also cut my electric fence line for the dog but i let this go as I thought well i accidentally cut the fios line I will not argue them cutting the electric line (even though there were white flags showing where the flags were) After at least three phone calls to representatives i was told " There is no fee for this due to it being outside of the residence nor was there a code for a price pertaining to the service request. I didn’t ask any questions as I have been with verizon for 15 plus years and have always trusted in the Verizon name. On July 6, 2015 I received a bill from a CMR Claims department for $650.17 for damage made to Verizon property. I was completely shocked by this as i was told there was no fee. After calling Verizon several times and speaking to an obscene amount of representatives I have received no information that will help me with this other then my account has a zero balance. When i received the bill I called the county where i reside and looked up the NEC electrical code 830.47  that states "underground network powered broadband communications cables entering buildings states should be at least 18 inches deep". This was not the case it was no more than 2 inches installed initially and if i go outside and look at the repairs it may be 5 inches below the soil. Has anyone had this issue? After being a customer for 15 years I am highly convinced that if this is not resolved i will terminate verizon cell, phone, TV and internet. 

0 Likes
Re: Bill From CMR claims Department
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stephnphelan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes