Blinking LED on router
GrimRain

Hello,

I've had my A90-9100EM router for a while now, and the blinking LED on it whenever I'm using the internet is getting extremely irritating. Is there any way to turn the light off or will I have to go for a more DIY solution like taping something over it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Blinking LED on router
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

No way to disable the LEDs.  Black electrical tape should work.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn it 180 degrees away from yourself

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@viafax999 wrote:

Wouldn't that just expose the blinking lights on the switch ports? Smiley Surprised

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Fair warning: Verizon won't support your router anymore if you do this.

Get a screwdriver, take your router apart. Disconnect the LED you have an issue with. Put your router back together.

...Or turn it, move it, tape over it, look a different direction, move your pc... Whatever floats your boat. The blinking light is there to indicate that traffic is moving on your network. There's no "soft" way to turn it off.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anti-Phish wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

Wouldn't that just expose the blinking lights on the switch ports? Smiley Surprised

Dunno, I've never really looked at the router.  Stuck it in the basement connected to the coax line and connected one of the lan ports to the cross house ethernet cabling the other end of which I connected to my own network gigabit/wireless-n gateway router.

0 Likes