Block internet services not working
spfm275

I have computers/devices I want blocked from even using the internet. I add them under block internet acess, it says it's active but the computer is still showing up as active and under my network. 

0 Likes
Re: Block internet services not working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

when you block internet, it's blocking HTTP which is a specific port.  So you should still see it in your router, but it won't be able to access the internet as in navigating to webpages. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

when you block internet, it's blocking HTTP which is a specific port.  So you should still see it in your router, but it won't be able to access the internet as in navigating to webpages. 

Hmm, don't think that is entirely true.  If you add the access control rule as protocol any  and occur always I would believe that would block access to ALL ports.  However I agree the device would still show up on the router as it would have a dhcp address assigned by the lan side of the router which would allow it to communicate with other devices on the home network

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Hmm, don't think that is entirely true.  If you add the access control rule as protocol any  and occur always I would believe that would block access to ALL ports.  However I agree the device would still show up on the router as it would have a dhcp address assigned by the lan side of the router which would allow it to communicate with other devices on the home network

If you did it in that fashion I believe you're right, I am under the impression that on the "my network page" and simply clicking "block internet" does what I described.  I could be wrong, not at home to test it.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:
If you did it in that fashion I believe you're right, I am under the impression that on the "my network page" and simply clicking "block internet" does what I described.  I could be wrong, not at home to test it.

That takes you to the Access Control page which has an Add selection.

The add selection shows you a list of games, protocols etc one of which is Any

You have to select one of the protocols to be able to set up an ACR

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Oh, I see. You're right. I thought it just was a preconfig'd button, didn't realize it took you to that section to define it.

0 Likes