Bring FiOS to Dallas, TX 75212 on Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct
albertkyamoah

Please help us bring FiOS to houses without cable/internet in Dallas, TX 75212 on Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct. My wife and I have been living in a new subdivision in West Dallas, TX since the summer of 2011. We did not do enough research regarding the area's cable/internet services and have been using DirecTV for cable and Clear 4G for internet. Interestingly enough, Time Warner Cable services all residences in this area except our small subdivision which includes Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct. After several calls and service requests, it seems that TWC has no plans to extend service to this area in the near future. Please help us with this issue as all residents in this area would greatly benefit from high speed internet and premium cable service. Thank you for your time

0 Likes
Re: Bring FiOS to Dallas, TX 75212 on Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

This is a FiOS User Forum for technical advice and while I can understand your frustration, none of us can help you with Verizon.  

Try to contact your local business office and see if there are any plans for your neighborhood.  Ask if you get enough neighbors to agree to sign up for service, you might be able to convince them.

Re: Bring FiOS to Dallas, TX 75212 on Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@albertkyamoah wrote:

Please help us bring FiOS to ... Dallas, TX 75212 on Jenny Dale Dr, Melinda Hills Dr, and Landrum Lakes Ct ... all residents in this area would greatly benefit from high speed internet and premium cable service ...

This is a peer-to-peer support forum where volunteer users try to help others in the same boat. I'm sure you're already aware that the only thing you can do is maintain contact with Verizon Communications and hope for the best. Frankly I don't think they're in expansion mode just now with respect to capital expenditure for FiOS infrastructure. Recent press reports indicate that the emphasis now is on expanding in the wireless area rather than the "bricks and mortar" business of FiOS networks.

The current FiOS coverage is in part a corporate decision, but in addition where I live these same corporations have to jump through several hoops to become certified suppliers. In NJ there was a period during which Verizon had to apply to each separate municipality to obtain permitting (i.e., no state-wide permits). As I recall this was eventually overcome despite a ferocious fight by Comcast. A bit later we started noticing Verizon crews laying wire.

Aside, it's interesting to read your appeal for expansion of coverage, and then see it juxtaposed with posts castigating the service. In my view there is no better technical solution just now, but at the same time we will always encounter customer-related situations that can be addressed more effectively. Laying wire is expensive, and employee training is expensive. Heck, everything is expensive.

0 Likes