Re: Broadband speed test result question
fjcvast

I ran almost all those test listed, not one gave me over 20 up.

I started talking to some of my xbox live friends. I have a friend in seattle washington. He also has verizon fios 35/35, same as I ordered. I had him run the same test from speedtest.net.  With choosing similiar locations, his connection was better for the upload. I think I'm officially convinced something is up with my connection. I will be calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the all the help people!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not exactly. What did the NDT tests report for your Sending Buffer? The send buffer, like the Receive window needs to be boosted a bit for higher speed connections. Going from 2Mbps to 35+Mbps on the upload is a big deal for most common OSs, which were, to be honest coded for whimpy connections.

If you're running a Windows 7 or Windows Vista machine, you may not need optimization at all being performed on the machine. Win7 over time should build up a memory of how the connection performs. Some people have noticed with the Verizon Optimizer that it has actually made upload performance worse, not better.

0 Likes
fjcvast

I am running windows 7.

The send buffer? Is that terminology for upload? I ran the NDT 3 new times, in order 10.53, 40.72,  40.88.

Will the low results from my pc affect my xbox360 online play? Thats where my concern really lies. Smiley Wink I'm hoping it does, because my gameply seems the same.

0 Likes