Can I connect my Xbox 360 to the Ethernet port on my fios box?
Tampadeb
Can I connect my Xbox 360 to the Ethernet port on my fios box? I have a wireless connection right now but is slow and lags. For me to run an ether from the router it would have to be very very long and go the the kitchen. So I was wondering if I could get it via the Ethernet port on my box directly into my xbox
0 Likes
Re: Can I connect my Xbox 360 to the Ethernet port on my fios box?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Tampadeb wrote:

Can I connect my Xbox 360 to the Ethernet port on my fios box? I have a wireless connection right now but is slow and lags. For me to run an ether from the router it would have to be very very long and go the the kitchen. So I was wondering if I could get it via the Ethernet port on my box directly into my xbox

The Ethernet port on the "fios box" (I assume you are referring to a DVR/STB) is not active.  However it's easy to use a MoCA adapter to get a direct connection if you have a working coax outlet.  Simply search "MoCA adapter" in the "Ask the Community" search box for details.  Also look here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Connecting-To-The-Internet/m-p/599649#...

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@armond_in_hj - By "FIOS box", I believe the OP is referring to the ONT.

@OP - Not clear what you're referring to as the "FIOS box".  ONT?  STB?  router?

You can't have coax WAN and ethernet WAN active on the ONT at the same time.

Can coax and cat5 be active at the same time

You best solution is a MOCA LAN adapter as armond_in_nj has suggested.

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@Anti-Phish wrote:

@armond_in_hj - By "FIOS box", I believe the OP is referring to the ONT.

He/she likely is referring to the DVR/STBs as with Google Fiber you CAN plug devices into the back of them for a wired internet connection. He/she was likely wondering if you could do the same thing with Verizon Fios.

0 Likes
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

goto amazon and buy 2.4g bi directional splitter 2 rg6 cables and a ECB2500

0 Likes