Can I delete the "Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup" desktop icon after Wi-Fi installation?
rkabala

I activated my FiOS service online tonight, and it took me through a bunch of steps to include the downloading of the Verizon software (Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup, Home, Search, and Vz In-Home Agent). I clicked on the Wi-Fi Setup icon, and it took me to a Verizon site which asked me to login with my Verizon User ID. I did, and it took me to the main site. I managed to find the Wi-Fi registration link on the Verizon site, and I went through the Wi-Fi registration. Afterwards, it downloaded the Wi-Fi software on to my computer, and placed an icon (HotSpot Search) on my desktop. However, the "Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup" icon is still there. Can I delete this, or is it still needed for something? It appears to only be a link, but I just wanted to make sure that it's cool to go ahead and delete it before I did anything. I don't want to mess anything up, lol.

Also, I wanted to double check, during the Wi-Fi registration, I believe it said you can't register the same User ID you have for your Verizon User ID. Is that correct? I just went ahead and put a "1" at the end of my Verizon User ID to make it different. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can I delete the "Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup" desktop icon after Wi-Fi installation
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, it is only a link.

0 Likes
Re: Can I delete the "Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup" desktop icon after Wi-Fi installation
tns
Master - Level 2

@rkabala wrote:

I activated my FiOS service online tonight, and it took me through a bunch of steps to include the downloading of the Verizon software (Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup, Home, Search, and Vz In-Home Agent). I clicked on the Wi-Fi Setup icon, and it took me to a Verizon site which asked me to login with my Verizon User ID. I did, and it took me to the main site. I managed to find the Wi-Fi registration link on the Verizon site, and I went through the Wi-Fi registration. Afterwards, it downloaded the Wi-Fi software on to my computer, and placed an icon (HotSpot Search) on my desktop. However, the "Click for Verizon Wi-Fi Setup" icon is still there. Can I delete this, or is it still needed for something? It appears to only be a link, but I just wanted to make sure that it's cool to go ahead and delete it before I did anything. I don't want to mess anything up, lol.

Also, I wanted to double check, during the Wi-Fi registration, I believe it said you can't register the same User ID you have for your Verizon User ID. Is that correct? I just went ahead and put a "1" at the end of my Verizon User ID to make it different. Thanks!

The wi-fi setup is for your laptops etc, that gets your free access when you are not home to Verizon hot-spots.  The install icon and program is not needed after the install, but you should have a run time icon that remains.  When you register you should really select a different id and password then your regurlar id, as when you use it you may be a bit more exposed to others who might try to steal your id.