Re: Can Verizon Fios stop throttling twitch.tv?
enemy2k

This is still happening. Went from Comcast where streams were perfect, the day I get FIOS Twitch.tv is constantly buffering!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just tried it for a bit.

Set video to high. Had no problems.

Monitoring my network speed and saw anywhere between 6-15Mps.

Others have reported generic Internet slowdowns on their FIOS service.

I have never seen it myself.

Does it happen any time of day?

What speed service are you aubscribed to vs Comcast?

It may be that you are in one of the areas that gets saturated during prime usage.
Doesn't help and doesn't mean Verizon should improve, just not Twitch specific.

0 Likes
enemy2k

It happens anytime of the day. Streams constantly buffers after a few minutes. I have to hit pause then play again to fix it which only lasts for another few minutes. I went from 30/6 on Comcast with zero buffering issues ever to permanent buffering with FIOS 75/75. I am on the east coast in PA. This has been happening since the day I got FIOS and has never subsided over the past month.

0 Likes
jamtrak44

Might as well bump this. I switched to FIOS from Cox where I had absolutely no problems watching on Source quality. I was getting ready call customer support and argue with them about it but I realized they would play dumb even if they did know what I was talking about.

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get this issue all the time.. Even when my speeds are going ~84/92.. Twitch Videos stuck at buffering when I'm watching WoW streamers on Source.. meh =/. Do you guys live in SoCal by any chance? That's where I live and I've been having issues such as this along w/ drastic speed slowdowns between 7-11 PM.. daily since the beginning  of January..

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why bump it.  THIS IS PEER TO PEER. Bumping it does not get Verizon to look at it.

I rarely use Twitch.tv with my PS4 but have had no trouble when I did.  Could be my location or date/time when I used it.

0 Likes