Can't Connect To Wifi
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have been unable to connect my xbox, ps3, ipad or other devices wirelessly to my main network for a month and a half now. I have spoken to three techs, recieved a new router, rebooted who knows how many times and am NOT the only one experiencing this problem. I have the actiontec fios router and it was working fine until a couple months ago. Anybody have ideas?
0 Likes
Re: Can't Connect To Wifi
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Are you able to see your wireless network name(SSID)? Can you see other wireless network names(SSID)?

Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes. I can see every network and connect just fine but once i connect to the main network (fios router) I cant get any sort of internet. Yes, i entered the wep key correctly, i've rebooted several times and its just the main router i cant get internet from. Ethernet works fine, just cant wifi. Also, i tried changing the channels in the settings to no avail.
0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change the wireless to use WPA2 on the router instead of WEP.  Many newer devices have trouble dealing with the antiquated (and security broken) 40-bit WEP which is the default for the router.

Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Still nothing...
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind the WPA2 keys are case sensitive, unlike most WEP keys which can technically be entered in either way. It's also a suggestion to check MAC filtering and to change the Radio mode to "Wireless G" devices only, or a G/N mode.

Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ive tried everyones suggestions and I appreciate the feedback, but still I have no internet through wifi. This makes zero sense. Shame...
0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Turn off the encryption all together. connect to your wireless again. see if you can connect then. If you are unable to connect still, then it's time to get down to the basics. After connecting back to the Verizon router. Test via pinging a web site. google.com, then ping 173.194.32.36(google.com ip). If you can, then your device has internet connection. Have you tried to turn off the firewall settings on the Verizon router? You also mention Main network! Do you have more then one router?

0 Likes
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yeah i have more than one but i added them once i couldn't connect to the Actiontec. I know they arent the source. I'll try the encryption and firewall settings. I appreciate the advice guys. It just sucks i have to go through this even though I changed NOTHING on the settings.
0 Likes
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Nope, tried everyones suggestions. Still cant connect wirelessly on any device. I can connect on my new routers but not the Fios Actiontec. They should send a tech or something, this is bonkers.
0 Likes