Can't Find Account
KathyandKyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently your account number is useless to support when trying to look up your account.

I called today because the modem is out at my son's condo (which I own).  He tried called about the earlier and had the same problem I had. 

I don't think it helped that I perhaps had a foreign outsourced guy.  No offense to him, but he didn't understand half of what I said and seemed unfamiliar with how streets are named (ever heard of a "lane" before?).

I don't have a landline at the condo, so I "associate" my cell number with that account.  That didn't help any more than having the account number.  He concluded the account didn't exist.  Did I just imagine I had all that equipment over at my condo?  The billing department seems to believe I exist.  I suggested perhaps they should stop billing me if it didn't exist, which at least got me to a customer service guy.  It took him about another half hour to find my account.  He then transferred me to another tech support guy.  This guy didn't sound outsourced and was able to quickly figure out my problem, which was exactly what I told him it was.

So, my problem was eventually resolved.  I just don't know why it's so difficult to work with support.  I was so angry I would have cancelled my account, except that I don't like the alternative service and have found Verizon to be the lesser of the evils.

This is the second modem that has died on us since February.  I dread it happening again.