Can't connect to 192.168.1.1
Darkchiplv
Enthusiast - Level 2
Somehow the server won't let me in even though I type the correct username and paswword. Can somebody help me?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect to 192.168.1.1
Justin46
Legend

@Darkchiplv wrote:
Somehow the server won't let me in even though I type the correct username and paswword. Can somebody help me?

From your post I presume that when you go to that address you do get the login screen from the router, correct?

You do not say what brand of router you have, the following is for the ActionTec. I think the same procedure works for the Westel but since I don't have one I can't say for sure.

The login name is normally "admin" and the password is usually set by the installer as "password1". If those don't work, then use the reset button on the back of the router, hold it in for 10 seconds or so, then the router will reset itself back to the factory defaults, where the login name will be "admin" and the password will be "password". You will be required to change the password the first time you log in.

If the above is not the problem you are experiencing, tell us more about the problem

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@Darkchiplv wrote:

From your post I presume that when you go to that address you do get the login screen from the router, correct?

You do not say what brand of router you have, the following is for the ActionTec. I think the same procedure works for the Westel but since I don't have one I can't say for sure.

The login name is normally "admin" and the password is usually set by the installer as "password1". If those don't work, then use the reset button on the back of the router, hold it in for 10 seconds or so, then the router will reset itself back to the factory defaults, where the login name will be "admin" and the password will be "password". You will be required to change the password the first time you log in.

If the above is not the problem you are experiencing, tell us more about the problem

Keller, TX 76248

Darkchiplv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Opps. I forgot to mention about the router, Actiontec: model; MI424-WR Rev. 3.

Message Edited by Darkchiplv on 06-13-2009 02:47 PM
0 Likes
Darkchiplv
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks Justin, you really helped me out there! 🙂
Message Edited by Darkchiplv on 06-13-2009 02:49 PM
0 Likes