Cannot add more than one MAC address
Hudson_kai

In Advance Security Settings -- Wireless MAC Authentication, I cannot add more than one MAC address to the list.  I enter the address code, click Add, then Apply.  I allow for the settings to change, but the address still doesn't show up.  Please help?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot add more than one MAC address
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

When you enter the MAC address make sure the 0 are zero's and in the same format as the example.  I tried it and it worked fine.

Be sure to check "enable access list"

Enter the MAC address: I.E.  00:20:e0:00:41:00

and then hit apply.  

Keep in mind that MAC address authentication is one of the worst forms of authentication and should only be used in extreme cases when no other security will work.  Anyone with a wireless sniffer can find the MAC address of a device and spoof it.  My 10 year old nephew figured it out.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Re: Cannot add more than one MAC address
APD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same problem began happening to me when Verizon upgraded the firmware in the router in my house earlier this year.  It seems that with current versions of router firmware, you can place a single MAC address in the table from any locally-connected PC (unless you've changed the default settings to prevent this), but to put more than one address in the table you must use a computer physically cabled to the router, not a wireless connection.  I know this sounds weird, but I tried it and it worked for me.  If you are using a wireless connection to configure the router, perhaps this is what you're seeing.