Cannot play some games on ipad since yesterday
fighttilltheend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone encountered similar issue? I have ipad 2 that I play world of the tanks and Ashphalt 8. Since yesterday, I started to encounter similar issues like "cannot connect to server". However, broswer worked fine and some other games like clash of clans etc.

If I use 3G instead of wireless network on ipad, I am able to play both games. Someone says this might be verizon's DNS issue, but I have tried to change to other DNS, they are not helping.

Does anyone have any clues? Do some of these games block fios customers, or is there any other thing, like firewall, can cause connectivity issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot play some games on ipad since yesterday
fighttilltheend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. The issue is solved by FULLY FACTORY RESET the router.

Just to give everyone more details if you encountered similar. My ipad's game works under 3G/4G and friends' wireless network, but not at home.

I have other devices also no longer working, for example, my IP phone that uses italkbb.

I have rebooted ipad, router, trying to change firewall, and release/renew IP from router. None that helped.

In the end, I have hard-reset the router, and everything went back normal, except I have to re-configure my router for everything.

I think this might be related to the recent "upgrade" of equal download/upload speed on FIOS side. Just a guess. My plan is 50/50 right now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Is the problem only happening on the ipad, and have you tried fully turning it off and fully turning it back on?  Also have you done the same with the Verizon Router (on/off switch or unplugging it and plugging it back in)

Also game servers can block individual IP addresses, but would be unusual for it to block entire internet providers.

That would only be a thought for me, if the games were all hosted by the same company, which I am not aware that they are.   they might be. 

fighttilltheend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. The issue is solved by FULLY FACTORY RESET the router.

Just to give everyone more details if you encountered similar. My ipad's game works under 3G/4G and friends' wireless network, but not at home.

I have other devices also no longer working, for example, my IP phone that uses italkbb.

I have rebooted ipad, router, trying to change firewall, and release/renew IP from router. None that helped.

In the end, I have hard-reset the router, and everything went back normal, except I have to re-configure my router for everything.

I think this might be related to the recent "upgrade" of equal download/upload speed on FIOS side. Just a guess. My plan is 50/50 right now.

0 Likes