Charged Router Rental Fee for Internet Only Plan
freakasis

When I switched apartments in the same complex I was told Verizon now charges a rental fee for your router and there was no way around me paying this. I went back and forth with the man for several minutes and I even called back and spoke with someone else who gave me the same information. I then was (incorrectly) told that my old router would not work at the new location and there was nothing they could about this, I had to wait a almost week for the new router to arrive. I have been using my own router since day 1 with FiOS. I have also had disruption in service because the Verizon router died, and I had to wait on shipment of a new one. Now I find out that I could have just had the ethernet port on the ONT box turned on and would have never needed your router or the fees associated with it. I have been paying this rental fee for over a year and this is unacceptable, not to mention the unneeded disruptions in service. I request a refund or account credit of the amount equal to the total I have paid in rental fees, and a shipping label to send your hardware back. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charged Router Rental Fee for Internet Only Plan
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello freakasis,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.  You can find support phone numbers and online chat information here:  Contact Us.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello freakasis,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.  You can find support phone numbers and online chat information here:  Contact Us.

0 Likes
freakasis

Chat opened, return mailer sent out, refund pending. Thanks

0 Likes