Complaints on new FIOS and especially tech support
Bigfoot424
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had FIOS installed a week ago and have already experienced an outage of my internet and phone for nearly 36 hours.  Actually I'm stil not sure if it was an outage as I got several excuses from Verizon.  My main issue comes with calling tech support (TS).  It's nothing like dealing with verizon wireless which is a piece of cake.  Calling Verizon to order or possibly order FIOS is very easy.  They answer and WANT to talk with you.  Calling tech support is another story.  Twice I finally hung up after being on hold for over 30 minutes.  The people on TS are nice and professional so the complaint is on Verizon and it's system.  It would seem the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing when it comes to handling these issues.  Notwithstanding I am a new customer and already don't have much faith in my FIOS purchase based on this 36 hour outage.  I also cannot get in touch with TS and when you do be prepared to get various and conflicting answers.  I'm not sure what I hope to hope accomplish here by doing this but someone in corporate needs to see these complaints and do something about this.  Anyone ever see the commercial about the banks and all kinds of excuses being made about not being responsible for the issue.  Well this is somewhat Verizon.  (I got a phone call from Verizon as I type this and I let the machine take it-Verizon president left me an automatic message saying he's sure I'm already enjoying the FIOS services.)  Oh brother.  

0 Likes
Re: Complaints on new FIOS and especially tech support
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Bigfoot424 wrote:

I had FIOS installed a week ago and have already experienced an outage of my internet and phone for nearly 36 hours.  Actually I'm stil not sure if it was an outage as I got several excuses from Verizon.  My main issue comes with calling tech support (TS).  It's nothing like dealing with verizon wireless which is a piece of cake.  Calling Verizon to order or possibly order FIOS is very easy.  They answer and WANT to talk with you.  Calling tech support is another story.  Twice I finally hung up after being on hold for over 30 minutes.  The people on TS are nice and professional so the complaint is on Verizon and it's system.  It would seem the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing when it comes to handling these issues.  Notwithstanding I am a new customer and already don't have much faith in my FIOS purchase based on this 36 hour outage.  I also cannot get in touch with TS and when you do be prepared to get various and conflicting answers.  I'm not sure what I hope to hope accomplish here by doing this but someone in corporate needs to see these complaints and do something about this.  Anyone ever see the commercial about the banks and all kinds of excuses being made about not being responsible for the issue.  Well this is somewhat Verizon.  (I got a phone call from Verizon as I type this and I let the machine take it-Verizon president left me an automatic message saying he's sure I'm already enjoying the FIOS services.)  Oh brother.  

0 Likes
Re: Complaints on new FIOS and especially tech support
Bigfoot424
Enthusiast - Level 1

No need to call.  The issue was resolved today regarding the phone and internet being down.  My main issue is the inability of getting in touch with tech support without waiting forever.  This needs bigwig attention and action.