Connecting a Panasonic Blu-Ray player to FIOS
Add4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to connect my  Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-BDT215 player to FIOS.  I've set up the player to recognize the WiFi, but it cannot connect to the gateway, and therefore no Netflix, BD-Live.  The player says the IP address is only available within the home network.  Please check the hub and broadband router settings.  How do I do this?

Re: Connecting a Panasonic Blu-Ray player to FIOS
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That IP address does the Panasonic say it has? A 169.254.***.*** address, if it is grabbing one of those is invalid and usually means your player is unable to talk to the network. There has been some trouble with certain devices and WEP security with the Verizon routers, that is often solved by switching the router to use WPA2. Sometimes rebooting the router and connecting the player the moment the router comes online will solve that issue, too.

If you want directions on how to switch to WPA2, let us know.

0 Likes
duke20111

I also cannot connect my panasonic blu ray dmp-bdt210 to verizon fios.  connects okay to wireless but not to the internet.  setup error says "the ip address is only available within the home network.  the internet functions are not available.  please check the hub and broadband router settings.

my router is using wpa2.  i can connect to netflix wired and wirelessly with verizon fios, but not with the blu ray.

any ideas?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What IP Address does the Blu-Ray player grab when it states it is connected? In addition, is it pulling information such as Default Gateway, Subnet Mask and DNS Servers?

0 Likes