Connecting computer to tv for viewing EPIX,ETC.. but not through router?????
modeni

I need to start connecting computer to tv for viewing EPIX,ETC.. but not through router?????  I have a workroom with a TV but without cable connection, so I thought I would connect my computer to my TV.  I have an Acer Aspire laptop. and a 27" tv.  Please can anyone tell me how to get this to work.  I need something to watch while I am working.

0 Likes
Re: Connecting computer to tv for viewing EPIX,ETC.. but not through router?????
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm a little confused here as to what you're looking for. Are you simply trying to get Internet Connectivity to the computer using the best method possible or are you looking to try and send a signal to the TV without a cable connection going to it? The computer's Internet portion is easy if that is the case. If we can just get some additional information on that, we'll figure out how to approach it.

1: Does this Workroom have any Coaxial cabling going to it that can be connected back to the cabling the FiOS equipment is using?

2: Is Ethernet cabling available and running to the location of the router, or nearby?

3: Would Wireless work for you (as much as it is not ideal)?

4: Are you looking for a Physical connection to the network?

Now if what you're trying to accomplish is the actual connection between the Computer and the TV, check to see what inputs the TV supports (HDMI, VGA, DVI, Component, Composite) and see what the laptop supports (DisplayPort, VGA, HDMI, DVI). More than likely the Laptop would have a VGA connection along with the TV. Your best bet would be to honestly just connect a VGA Cable between the two machines, and then for audio, just use a 3.5" to Composite connection for the TV (Unless the TV has a 3.5" Input jack for the PC Input). If HDMI is available on both devices, by all means use that. Same with DVI as both give better picture quality over a VGA Cable.

If you can give us exact model numbers, that would help.

0 Likes