Constantly having streaming problem !!!!! SLOW INTERNET BUFFERING SPEED
akshay85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have constantly having this issue from the day I have changed to VERIZON ..... Previously I had a slower internet speed but I never had an issue with  buffering my online videos or for anything. I switched to VERIZON FIOS and everything turned out to be way way slower than expected. I was told by the Tech support to change my plan from 15/5 to 50/25 .. I did .. ... Still no use ... I never get a better speed on WIFI.... I figure out that may be an issue with the laptop which never had this issue with the previous provider ... ( looks like the PC is not able to handle 50mbps) Dumb **bleep**  .. it never had this  buffering issue on a slower internet provider  ... The speed test shows great(~Mbps)  result but the overall online streaming is pathetic... for HD videos to stream i have to let it buffer for 10-15 min .... even then after some time it keeps breaking.... I changed from a wireless connection to a wired ethernet .. no change still the online streaming is way slow. I have made several complained. ... talked to the online reps multiple time but its not helping. I am really disappointed with the internet speed. If this continues i see no point in continuing the service . I would go back to my old carrier with a slow speed but i dnt have to go with the pain of slow online streaming.

Please provide a resolution. on this as soon as possible before i look for disconnecting my services.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Constantly having streaming problem !!!!! SLOW INTERNET BUFFERING SPEED
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What online streaming services are you using that are seeing slower than expected performance?

0 Likes
akshay85
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have tried almost all the video streaming website .. Netflix . Amazon prime .. Youtube ... Putlocker ... Shockshare... I use them all the time... And my experience is not at all good... Today again i contacted verizon.. They kind of change a channel setting on my router .. But that too didnot help... I am really unhappy with the service !!!!
0 Likes
akshay85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am almost sure that there might be some issue with the free wireless router they provide. A week ago all the videos were just streaming properly on the older internet provider. I think there is some router/firewall  setting that is blocking the buffering speed. On the speed test its almost  greater than 55mbps consistantly which should be more than enuf to buffering any HD video. Does anyone aware of any soloution on the firewall which could help resolve this issue. 

0 Likes
akshay85
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK .... As I dnt get any resolution to my buffering speed from the tech support. I have decided to go back to my old ISP ... Its not even a month and I am terminating my services. Very pathetic ..... TOTALLY Disappointed . 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi akshay85,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry we cannot be of better assistance when it come to performance of certain streaming sites. If you ever need additional help, fee free to make a new thread. We closed your private support case.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
bethann322

How is that a solution? Why is that marked as a solution?

"Sorry, we can't do anything" is the solution?

0 Likes
akshay85
Enthusiast - Level 1

They tried and cannot fix it and I am moving to a new ISP is my solution ... 

0 Likes
bethann322

I've had just as much issues with my internet. I was excited for fiber internet, but Verizon apparently doesn't know how to work it. I will be switching ISPs when my contract runs out.

0 Likes